Welcome to Beversbrook Medical Centre
Welcome to Beversbrook Medical Centre. We are part of the Patford House Partnership umbrella organisation, serving the health needs of the Calne population. Patford House Partnership consists of three surgeries, Patford House, Beversbrook Medical Centre and Sutton Benger Surgery. To see our other branches please click here. This website has been developed to provide information about Beversbrook Medical Centre, our staff and the range of healthcare services we provide. More information and details of how we perform as a Surgery as well as feedback from our patients can be found via NHS Choices. Click Here for more information.
Calne and Yatton Keynell practices are planning to give their first Covid-19 vaccinations in early January 2021. We kindly ask that you do not contact the surgeries regarding this as eligible patients will be contacted directly. Further details about our plans will be circulated after the Xmas break on the practice websites and social media as they become available
The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
Information for the public is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
How to avoid catching or spreading coron[...]
Microsoft Word document [17.5 KB]
Key messages from Public Health England - 12.3.2020
- if you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild whether you have been in contact or not with a confirmed case or suspected case, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- The coronavirus NHS111 symptom checker is available at https://111.nhs.uk/service/COVID-19/
- this action will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious.
- plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home.
- ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home.
- stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible.
- sleep alone, if that is possible.
- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water.
- stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible.
- you do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do. The online service can be found here https://111.nhs.uk/service/COVID-19/
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Well-being Survey for Over 65’s living in the Calne Community Area
From routine appointments to lifestyle advice and information. This website is intended to help you find out more information about the service we can provide for you. A wide range of patient services are available for your convenience, see more here
Listening to You
We are always looking for ways to improve our services for the benefit of our patients and would be interested to hear your views.
You may be texted by the Practice following an appointment or asked to take part in our survey after your consultation. This survey is based on your most recent experience and gives us an indication of how we are doing based on current performance. You can see our patient reviews and take part in this survey now by clicking here.
If you want to give us more detailed feedback, you can contact the Practice directly. Please see the contact us section for more information.
New Patient Innovations
We regularly explore new ways to make our patient's lives easier, without compromising on quality of care. We have provide early Monday morning extended hour appointments for our patients convenience and offer an electronic prescription service to save patient's having to visit the surgery unecessarily. We are also trialling a new service to help patients check their symptoms to make sure that they are treated appropriately. For more information on DoctorLink please see here. Why not also check out our Facebook page to see all our current news and events.
As part of our commitment to providing excellent patient care, working in conjunction with our virtual patient reference group, we carried out a consultation to see how we could improve our services. The results of the consultation can be found here. We are still interested in hearing our patients views. Why not see what our Patients think of how we are performing and give us your opinion here
Part of the Calne Community
We love being situated here in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside and our team regularly take part in community projects and work collaboratively with other health organisations and charities in the town of Calne. See what we have been up to here
Patford House Partnership
From 1st April 2019 Beversbrook Medical Centre became one of three Surgeries under the new Patford House Partnership umbrella. Working together in Partnership will help us to share resources and be more resilient. Find out more here